Wednesday 17 September 2014

our wedding.


Today is our third wedding anniversary. Hooray!

I never got around to making a facebook album of photos of our wedding. Secretly, I always hoped someone would blog it, on Hello May or Polka Dot Bride or somewhere, but they never did. Never fear, who says I can't blog about my own wedding?!

And did I mention I love weddings!? I have posted some inspiration here, and my friend and I are dreaming of becoming wedding planners, mostly because we have so many ideas for planning another wedding (or ten)! And who wouldnt love working with beaming, bossy brides?!


rod + mez : 17 september 2011

Our wedding was a mixture of tradition and informality, with a Christian wedding in a beautiful church and a cocktail reception following photos roaming streets and gardens. It was very us: taking the moments seriously but having a lot of fun along the way. We didn't really get staged photos as we wanted to capture the day as it happened. We're really happy with the results!



Our families were very involved (with my sisters and Rod's brother in the bridal party) and our closest friends played special roles. All of the roles at the ceremony were done by people really close to us; it was all very significant, which we loved. My brother led the band which was made up of close friends; the minister who married us was the minister we both grew up with and is a close family friend of both families; Rod's sister and other close friends did Bible readings and prayed for us. And the church was full of people we love (many who we couldn't invite to the reception).

our wannabe boy band groomsmen
there's always so much fun to be had with teeth lollies!
My mum is so fashionable and wore different dresses to the ceremony and reception! So pretty!
my dad likes to be busy so I asked him to create a flower arrangement in a cage – this is what he came back with... amazing!



Trying to decide on my favourite part of the day is so difficult! But what people raved about were our church band which really helped focus the day on God, the flowers – which were done on some very specific and some very vague instructions, by an incredible and very lovely florist, and the casual reception where much dancing was had and silly photos were taken. I really enjoyed walking around with our closest friends having photos and a lot of fun. Our physical album is the most beautiful ever (so glad we got it)!


Oh the memories. I'm so thankful for a beautiful day and my wonderful husband.





Photography: Evoke Photography (official) + Deejay Photography (reception) || Bride's Dress: Collette Dinnigan || Bridesmaid Dresses: Country Road || Groom's Suit: Gibson || Groomsmen Suits: Spurling || Flowers: Kelvin Hall Floral Design || HMUA: Rachel Smith || Church: St John's Anglican Church, Gordon || Reception: Centennial Parklands Dining

6 comments: