Wednesday 4 October 2017

easy and yummy 3 ingredient fritters that are almost everything free

Pretty much every week I make a batch of hummus. It's a good snack, easy to make, and tastes great. But I seriously hate waste and when I found out that you can use the liquid from a tin of chickpeas (or the water you've soaked them in) I was so happy! Only problem is, I started saving it and then didn't use it in time... I don't know how long that stuff can sit in the fridge.

Most recipes that use aquafaba (the more appealing name for chickpea juice...) are to make meringue or mousse, and it needs to be eaten that day. I, 1. don't have time for that, and 2. believe it or not, I can't (ok, shouldn't) get through that much meringue in a day!

So when I came across this way of making fritters, I was excited! I was using the aquafaba, making something easy that would last (and could be frozen), and is something my daughter can actually eat (as she reacts to many things, egg whites included, meaning normal fritters aren't possible).

   

So here is the easiest and best fritter recipe I've made:

<<< T H R E E  I N G R E D I E N T  F R I T T E R S >>>

gluten free :: dairy free :: egg free :: fructose free :: nut free :: soy free :: vegan :: vegetarian 

I N G R E D I E N T S :
  • 3 cups of grated veg – so far I've tried sweet potato, and a mixture of sweet potato and carrot
  • 1 cup of flour – I make ours gluten free, I've used besan flour, and a mixture of buckwheat and rice flours
  • liquid from a 400g can of chickpeas

M E T H O D :
  1. Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined. 
  2. Roll mixture into approximately 16 balls.
  3. Heat coconut oil in frypan.
  4. Place 3-4 fritters (or however many fit) into your frypan and flatten with the back of a flipper.
  5. Cook for a few minutes then flip and flatten again.
  6. When golden, remove and repeat until all fritters are cooked.
  7. Serve warm or cold, for the whole family. Eat them by themselves or with eggs and avocado, with a salad, or part of a nourish bowl. Yum!
<<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>>

These are intended to minimise waste, so don't chuck out the chickpeas!!

If you need some ideas of what to do with chickpeas, here are a couple:

Yum! 

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment