Friday 6 February 2015

the block elimination rooms.

So last year I went a little crazy on blogging The Block. This year, I'm not going to watch it or blog it as religiously... some of you are probably very thankful!

But I can't help give some thoughts and record some of the rooms I love. My posts will showcase some of my favourite parts; be it a whole room, a piece of furniture or a colour. As I don't know what I'll love I don't know how often these posts will occur, but I'm sure The Block will still be a feature of Thearle Girl.

In case you're not up with The Block Triple Threat, six couples were placed in the elimination rounds to end up with three couples who will actually go through to the show. This meant there have been three elimination rounds. Round 1: bedroom (24 hours). Round 2: living and dining (48 hours). Round 3: bathroom (72 hours).

Here are a couple of things I have loved so far.

Brooke and Aimee's bedroom definitely wasn't my favourite but I fell in love with their soft blue wall and bed.


I like some of the details of Luke and Ebony's room, like the timber skirts and frame, the built-in headboard, and mint features. Also impressed with the blue wall, the same colours as our bedroom!


They say first impressions count, and that is true of Josh and Charlotte. I could see they would be good from when we first met them in Scotty's HQ. They didn't let me down with their living and dining room. My favourite features are definitely the exposed brick wall and timber shelves. I think I'm in love... again. That cascading plant on the shelves just puts the icing on the cake. That wall is a winner... and that proved to be true with the judge's as well.


I am so impressed with the use of colour by Ebony and Luke. I LOVE the pink wall. This photo looks a little overwhelmingly pastel but with slightly different styling, I think the pink would sing even more! I have requested a pink wall in our living room but unfortunately was turned back by my husband. Disappointing.


I wasn't totally in love with Tim and Anastasia's room but it was good! My fave part was the rug though. Often I don't like rugs or am impartial to them, but I actually really like this one.


I love Jess and Ayden's beautiful storage area, using the height of the room and lovely timber, but was a little worried by the candle next to the towels!


Josh and Charlotte's bathroom was very simple, and I liked it. I especially like their large format tiles and custom shaving cabinet which was recessed into the wall.


I'm very impressed with the elimination rooms and am looking forward to seeing what they create in their actual apartments. Good luck to Charlotte and Josho (for the win), Tim and Anastasia, and Jess and Ayden (for the lols!).



No comments:

Post a Comment