Tuesday 17 November 2015

cooktop.

Sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest difference.

I wrote this post a long time ago and am only publishing it now... I still think it's good to share :)

We got a new cooktop in our kitchen. Our kitchen is fine but this has made it so much nicer! I'm so happy about it.





It's amazing how much the old cooktop affected me. I think seeing it, and my inability to clean it, made me feel embarrassed and imagined what people thought of us. I'm sure no one cared, but I did. The new one allows me to enjoy being in the kitchen.

While we were installing it, we had to take the oven out. As it was out, I saw the original brick wall and immediately fell in love with it. I love the industrial look - dreaming of buying an old warehouse - and am hoping we can pull down our splashback and have bricks instead. I wrote about this look in my post about The Block.

Now I can only imagine the difference this change would make to our kitchen.

Do little things, they can make big changes! You mightn't be able to change your cooktop but go and smile at someone, throw out that thing you bought to please someone else, go for a walk, buy some new pyjamas, call an old friend... You never know the impact a small thing might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment