Friday 16 September 2016

2015 weddings.

Spring has sprung and wedding season is beginning.

This year, we have the joy of celebrating a few weddings but at the beginning of last year, I declared 2015 to be the year of the wedding (for us, at least)! I knew of many weddings but as the year progressed, so did this number. I can't imagine there being another year like this – lucky I love weddings!

We had three weekends with wedding clashes... devastating! Choosing which wedding, being split as a couple, missing out all together – none are good options. My husband is a pastor and is asked to be involved in many. I'm thankful for the weddings we get to enjoy!

Because I love weddings and it's such a special year, I wanted to document the weddings and share some highlights (and who doesn't want their wedding blogged... or is that just me!?).

Check them out and I hope they get you excited for any weddings you have coming up.

Wedding 1 // B E K  &  N I C K // 22 January 2015 // #woodyoumarrymein2015
A summer ceremony under an oak tree, a rustic barn party. A gathering of families and the making of a new one.




Photographer: James Day, Daylight. Location: Country Weddings, Sydney Polo Club. Flowers: Sarah Rowbotham. Stationery: TEAPEAlala.

Wedding 2 // F I  &  M I K E // 7 March 2015 // #fiismikeysgirl
A long-awaited and anticipated union of two incredible people. Details all accounted for, all people valued, a joyous celebration, incredible food shared between friends! {Also blogged here}




Photographer: Mr Glen Edwards. Locations: Swain Gardens // Ku-ring-gai Town Hall. Flowers: Madelaine Tarasenko // posy by steph // TEAPEAlala. Stationery: Lauren Langley. Dress: Grace Loves Lace. Shoes: Funkis.

Wedding 3 // A N D Y  &  N E R I D A // 7 March 2015
A special celebration, just the way they are. No expectations, valuing love and one another. Great beer, old friends, Sydney Harbour. [Attended by my love].




Photographer: Ben Teh Photography. Location: Athol Hall.

Wedding 4 // L O U I S E  &  N I C H O L A S // 24 April 2015
Stunning. Fun. Creative. Special. A DIY wedding to professional standards, with love overflowing. So much personality, joy and fun friends. And a killer autumn sunset.




Photographer: Robert Meredith Photography. Location: Simmer on the Bay. Flowers: Francis Floristry.

Wedding 5 // T I M  &  A N N A // 22 August 2015 // #donthasslethehoughs
Devastating. Unfortunately Tim and Anna were on a clash weekend, and this time, my husband and I couldn't split between them, as one was in Australia and the other England. We flew to England to celebrate Wedding 6. From all reports, it was a super fun and beautiful day!







Photographer: Joshua K Photography. Location: Christ Church, Gladesville // Dedes at the Point, Sydney Rowing Club. Flowers: TEAPEAlala.

Wedding 6 // F R A N C E S C A  &  J O E L // 22 August 2015
A funny and fun celebration of two funny and fun friends. We travelled to England to celebrate these guys, and my husband preached at their ceremony. A beautiful English summer day followed by a crazy storm. What fun!






Photographer: Firehorse Photography. Location: St Oswald's, Sowerby // Mill House, South Kilvington. Flowers: Floristik // posy by steph. Stationery: Lauren Langley.

Wedding 7 // E R I N  &  J E R E M Y // 26 September 2015 // #wouldntitbebryce
Flowers, felt balls, fun and friends; this wedding honoured the creativity of the couple. So privileged to be included in the celebration and organisation of this wedding. My husband and I prayed for them and their future together at the ceremony and we MCed the party of these incredible friends.






Photographer: Shane Shepherd. Location: St Philips, South Turramurra // Estuary Restaurant, Brooklyn. Flowers: posy by steph. Stationery/Ties: TEAPEAlala.

Wedding 8 // J O S H  &  B E T H A N E Y // 31 October 2015 // #bemyvallentine2015
A huge wedding and celebration including many generations of friends and family. My husband MCed the reception and I jumped between tables sharing laughs with friends.





Photographer: Jack Gilchrist Photography. Location: St Paul's, Chatswood // Galston Community Hall. Flowers/Stationery/Ties: TEAPEAlala.

Wedding 9 // M I T C H  &  S A R A H // 4 December 2015 // #bryce4lyf
A big but intimate wedding, full of fun and personality. If you like eating pizza, you would have liked this wedding. If you like a mad dance party, you would have liked this wedding. If you like good chats on small tables, you would have liked this wedding. Lots to love with a very loved-up couple.







Photographer: James Goff Photography. Location: St John's, Wahroonga // Douglas Pickering Pavilion, St Ives Showground. Flowers: Flower Spells.

Wedding 10 // D E E J A Y  &  R A C H // 12 December 2015 // #deejayandrachforever
When you attend the wedding of a wedding photographer, you know they will have thought of the details; I was not left disappointed. Held under a fig tree and in a community hall, much was left to their imaginations – thankfully they're a creative couple. A fun and relaxed celebration; I'm so happy I could celebrate as my husband celebrated Wedding 11.




Photographer: Tim Coulson Photography. Location: Fig Tree // Wyong Creek Hall. Flowers: Merrin Grace Floral Design. Stationery: Lauren Merrick Illustration.

Wedding 11 // D R E W  &  P H O E B E // 12 December 2015
Sadly I couldn't be present at this wedding to celebrate "Drewbe" and to hear my husband preach a brilliant sermon, but from all reports it was beautiful and fun and a great time to celebrate and catch up with old friends.







Photographer: Faure Valletta. Locations: Village Church, Annandale // Dedes at the Point, Sydney Rowing Club. Flowers: Floristik.

20 comments:

  1. Nawww thanks Mez. I loved reading all of these and being reminded of how much I love celebrating love and how beautiful and special each and every wedding is. Love Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou. It's so special seeing how each wedding is so unique but so perfect for each couple. So fun! Thanks for including us as part of your day - in case you couldn't tell, we loved it! x

      Delete
  2. They have a list of approved caterers and valet parkers which you are required to choose from. The event coordinator at San Francisco wedding venues was very professional and cool enough to let us come in and tour on a Saturday while another wedding was setting up.

    ReplyDelete