Thursday 20 October 2016

ready. and waiting... and some pregnancy shots.

I'm very pregnant. And I'm very happy.


I've had weeks of constant crying. I've had weeks of overwhelm. I've had weeks of guilt (for so many different reasons). I've had weeks of doubt. I've had weeks of fear.

But I've also had weeks of joy. I've had weeks of excitement. I've had weeks of happy tears. I've had weeks of thankfulness. I've had weeks of expectation.

I've had all different types of weeks.

I'm currently in those weeks where my baby is considered full term. I think these are the best weeks.

I'm about to have a baby. She is fully grown (but will keep growing!). My life is about to change. It's really happening. It could be any day now.

I'm usually quite self-aware: of my mind and my body... I'm currently very aware of everything that's happening in me and around me.

And it's good.


Recently, many well-meaning people have asked me when she'll be here and how I'm feeling. I think they want me to say I'm just bursting for her to come out and I'm super impatient and to ensure they can prepare themselves for when she'll be here. I love people guessing when she'll be here, but I can't tell you if you'll be correct or not, because that's all it is: a guess.

EDD stands for Estimated Due Date, but most people seem to interpret it as Exact Due Date. I'm not telling you when she'll be born, because I don't know. If they had worked out an exact formula for when each baby would arrive, pregnancy would be very different. But they haven't. They have worked out that it's safe for a baby to arrive from 37 to 42 weeks after the first day of your last menstrual period.

My due date is a five week time period. And I love the mystery.

The thing about pregnancy is that it's a miracle. And it's beautiful. And it's incredible. And it's crazy.


What I can tell you is that there is a real life human being inside of me. She knows what is happening, she knows what she wants and she knows how to do it. It might look slightly different when she's on the outside, but I can tell that she's exactly where she's meant to be and doing what she's meant to be doing for now. It's an incredible thing.

So I completely trust that she'll come just when she's ready. And just when my body is ready. And as long as it's in a five week period of 37 to 42 weeks, then she's "on time." Stop asking if people's babies are "late" or "early," trust that they'll be here at just the right time.


I've been doing whatever I can to prepare my body for this amazing thing, and to ensure I don't prevent her coming when she's ready, but I'm certain she'll come at just the right time. For her, for me and ready to meet everyone else. Did you know that statistically most first babies come at 41 weeks?

I can't wait to introduce Baby Girl Thearle to you! I'm ready to meet her, but in the mean time, I'm happy, I'm loving spending quality time alone, and embracing this season and each moment I've got.



It's all about embracing the season, not constantly looking ahead to another one.

There's a blog post simmering, ready for me to write on this at another blog my husband and I write at. Check out Put Out Into Deep Water:
Blog: putoutintodeepwater.blogspot.com
Instagram: @putoutintodeepwater 
Facebook: facebook.com/putoutintodeepwater



No comments:

Post a Comment