Monday 20 July 2015

pinterest picks: sew sew sew.

I'm a Pinterest fanatic. I really love it. I've been on the Pinterest bandwagon for many years now and have accumulated many and a wide variety of boards and pins. I always find it fascinating to see which pins get the most interaction.

Because some of you don't need Pinterest in your lives, I thought I'd share some "pinterest picks" from time-to-time. I'll either share some of my favourite finds or what my Pinterest followers are loving. Today is all about sewing, because that's what my followers are telling me they like.


This cute fish cushion (from here) is created from a child's drawing. A great way of keeping a child's (or your own) masterpiece. Make your own, or send it my way – hand embroidery is so therapeutic!




Or if you don't want to make your own, check out these by Ava and Yves from The Gathered Store.



This simple heart (from here) has gone cray-cray. It has a full tutorial attached to it and is pretty simple for beginner sewers. These were made for her wedding.




I made a whole bunch of them for my niece's 5th birthday party last year. All of her friends found one in a treasure hunt and got to take them home. The rest of them ended up on my sister's Christmas tree and are still hanging around her kids bedrooms (and my mum's living room).

A work in progress
My niece collecting her hearts from the treasure hunt

Keeping the heart theme, this heart garland (from here) is super simple, especially because it's made from felt. Felt is great because it doesn't fray so you can cut it up into whatever shape you like and you don't have to overlock or anything... The link to the tutorial doesn't go anywhere but I bet it says something like this: cut out hearts, sew vertically through the middle with the sewing machine, then keep sewing for a few centimetres, then repeat until it's your desired height (to cover your window or wall). Repeat until all hearts are used up or you have enough strings of hearts. Hang! See? Easy!



And finally, the sweetest softies (from here) are on my board 'sewing' but to be honest, I think I'd just buy one. They are too cute, and I may also buy many other things too (to justify the shipping from England, of course!).


And some of her other work:



To check out the rest of my pins (not my legs), click here.

1 comment:

  1. I am a professional blogger, and I value Pinterest a lot. The reason I can say this proudly is because I use PinPinterest as my Pinterest account automation. PinPinterest is so amazing that I can schedule my posts according to my desired time and I don’t need to be online all day for that too. A mobile-friendly awesome tool for Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete