Friday 9 May 2014

chairs.

It's always fun making changes to your home, mixing stuff up. I get bored of my stuff easily but unfortunately can't buy new stuff all the time. This calls for creative thinking and having options which you can change around.

Easy ideas are changing cushions, rearranging ornaments or swapping pictures from one spot to another. I like to do more drastic things as well like moving furniture, painting walls or creating new sections. I think this change is in between.

My mum is great at driving back streets and finding treasures. Often I'll receive a picture message with an address and a text saying "really worth a drive by". Ten minutes later I'm trying to fit a million things into my hatchback. This happened last week.

I received this photo by text message:


My response was, "Got 4 chairs, 2 foldable stools and a household organisational holder thing for all your screws and stuff and I think it's full. Thanks for letting me know."

I just love free stuff and all of this was actually great! 

I'll get back to the chairs in a second but potentially the best thing was this unopened organisational box - 33 drawers with so many helpful home maintenance things: screws, nails, hooks, picture hangers, picture wire, even drill bits. 

With my new found chairs, I was able to give them a good clean and create a whole new look in our dining room. It's amazing the difference the colour of the chairs make. 

After
Before

Which is your favourite? I like them both but it's nice having a change!! Luckily I have the white ones stored so I can bring them out for dinner parties or when I need another change! Hopefully I'll soon get around to sanding them back and varnishing the natural wood. It's so beautiful! 

What are some things you do when you need a change in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment