Wednesday 7 May 2014

deer.

I have seen two absolutely stunning drawings on Instagram in the last little while, which I have made me need them (I am yet to have them) and have brought these words to my mind and my lips:

As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after you.

@rachellouise94 (Instagram) : "First drawing in my new sketchbook. Deers are my favourite."

The top deer is my favourite.
@athenagracee (Instagram) : "I meditate : psalm 42 _as the deer thirsts for water, so my soul thirsts for You._ "quickly sketched" by the ridiculously talented and wonderfully beautiful @jaymccaffrey"

Those words are lyrics from a song based on Psalm 42.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. 
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God? 

How beautiful is that cry!?

I see the pictures and my soul longs for God.

The song is a song I sang at church as a little girl. 
It’s very 80s but it brings amazing memories and stirs something intense in my soul and spirit.

As the deer pants for the water
    So my soul longs after You

You alone are my heart's desire

    And I long to worship You

You alone are my strength, my shield

To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You

You're my friend and You are my brother

Even though You are the king
I love You more than any other,
So much more than anything

I want You more than gold or silver

Only You can satisfy
You alone are the real joy giver
And the apple of my eye

Martin J. Nystrom, 1981 

No comments:

Post a Comment