Tuesday 9 September 2014

the block : kitchens.

The much anticipated (for some) kitchen week is here. From the previews, they didn't look as impressive as they were built up to be, but they are great!

michael and carlene : I love the garden that they've put in under the stairs – I always love a bit of greenery (and a bit of colour)! And their whole kitchen is stunning: the wood, the black, the white. It's very simple and very beautiful. I love the textured subway tiles (which don't steal too much attention) and the shelves and laptop area. I would love this kitchen in my house! Love it.


chris and jenna : That is a very large kitchen! It has a lovely feel. I think it works really well with the light timber and the black. The space is amazing and, despite my apprehensions, the copper sinks work really well. The only thing I don't really love are the cushioned stools (which are easily changed). The bar isn't my style and I didn't love those artworks near it. I agree that that area would work much better as a study, but I'm sure some people would love a bar in their home.


karstan and max : Their kitchen is so different and is really unexpected. I like their breakfast bar adjoining their bench. The size is massive but nothing really stands out. I can't really work out what I think... I don't think it's doing it for me. The TV is a great idea! I don't love all of the cupboards in the butler's pantry – I think it would be so much more practical to have open shelves, a sink and more appliances.


shannon and simon : The polished concrete floor makes me so jealous!! It's so beautiful! I love the giant benchtop overlooking the street with the cooktop but I'm not sure how practical it all is with their placement of the sink, fridge, cooktop and oven. It's such a great idea having the breakfast bar looking out over the terrace and the bi-fold windows. I personally think the kitchen with the black benchtop and grey cupboards is a bit dark. I think the kitchen is great but looks a little narrow and pokey and impractical.


darren and deanne : I love the parquetry flooring and I think it will work well throughout their apartment. The kitchen is very monochrome. It's all quite classic and beautiful, but once again, not my style. I think the marble is beautiful but very busy – I would have chosen a simpler marble. The butler's pantry is practical and works well (and I love the boiling and filtered water tap!).


No comments:

Post a Comment