Sunday 28 September 2014

the block : terraces.

Excited to see the finished apartments tonight. It was a massive week trying to complete the terraces – it looked like a lot of work but I'm sure they'll look great!

michael and carlene : their area is beautiful. I love the exposed brick walls and the timber cladding as well as a mixture between the formal dining/kitchen area and the playful astroturf/cafe bench seating. It's really beautiful and well done. It's simple but beautiful. The outdoor shower upstairs is beautiful and makes it feel so tropical and luxurious and it brings an amazing element to the main bedroom.


chris and jenna : once again, I'm so disappointed for them that they weren't able to finish. They are the least confident and have the biggest area so I'm not surprised, but it is always heartbreaking when couples don't finish. What they have done is so beautiful and really pared back. I think they've done an amazing job! I love that table (I love a massive table) and the ivy up the steel walls is great, and will keep on improving! The rooftop terrace is a weird shape and hard to use well, and it's a shame they weren't able to execute that well.


karstan and max : they have branched out a bit this week and I love it. It's simple and nothing much but I love the timber and pops of colour. The greenery looks great and brings life to their apartment. I love the Pop & Scott pots; they bring a bit of fun and colour in. They've done really well – I wish the rest their apartment was more like the terrace!


shannon and simon : my first impression is that it's boring. It's very simple, which is often good, but I think it may be too simple: black and timber and a lot of space. I love their bench seating going into their kitchen and the wooden wall mural. I don't know why they didn't build in their barbeque or a put in a bigger table. I think the floating pots look cool but are a bit freaky. I think overall they are missing something unfortunately but it's a good base.


darren and deanne : their terrace is so busy! We have gone from super simple boys to full on Ds. I think the hanging plants are cool but I don't love those fairy lights hanging down from them. I like the choice of cushions (even though there are many). I love the mezzanine verandah – it is incredible – maybe the best part! I was unsure about there not being an outdoor eating area, but now I really love having an outdoor living area.


They've all done really well! The terraces have really brought life into their apartments. Great job and very cool apartments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment