Monday 15 September 2014

the block : living and dining.

It was great to get a sneak peak into these rooms during the challenge earlier in the week, so I'm particularly excited to see the finished products.

michael and carlene : That exposed brick wall is stunning and works so well with the artwork on it! I love the couch – that colour was a great decision! I was very nervous about the bookshelf wall but it works really well and yes, it was styled amazingly (one day, one day) but is it too busy? The idea of the dining table being a practical size for the space but also being able to be extended to fit more people is amazing – good looking and practical is what I'm about and so I'm so happy when people think about both! As usual, I think their space is great (but why does everyone love that rug?)!


chris and jenna : I love that they have included the entrance area – something so important in the practicality of a home. I thought their study area was really good, but I agree that it mightn't be the best choice at the front door. Their dining table is stunning but the chairs aren't a great choice; aesthetically and functionally. So glad they were bold with their choice of couch – it looks great – and I love the wooden slats at the front door! The TV as a focal point in a room is a pet peeve of mine but I don't think it deserved the criticism it got. It's a shame that the finishes weren't up to scratch but overall, I think they've done a really beautiful job.


max and karstan : The room is simple but comfortable. I, however, don't love the carpet 'rug' or the choice of couches but the living area works really well as a whole. I love their wooden coffee table and the wooden features in the TV unit – really beautiful! I really like their custom dining table and feature light and their room is made by the beautiful natural light. Overall it works well but personally I would change some of the details. I'm glad it's less clinical this week!


simon and shannon : I was so excited to see their room and I love it! That wooden wall is stunning and the Blacklist studio installment is definitely a work of art, which I think is great but it's very risky! Their Brent Rosenberg artwork is also stunning (the same artist as in their butler's pantry). It looks amazing with that sideboard – potentially my favourite part of the room! The way they use the greenery with the wood always wins me over! Some harsh but very fair comments from the judges about the rug and clothesline in the living room.


darren and deanne : First of all, I love their David Bromley artwork – it's a stand out piece and being oversized works so well! Their dining table is beautiful (can you tell I like timber?!) but I'm not in love with the chairs or pendants. I like the idea of the sitting area at the bottom of the stairs, but I do think it's a bit busy. The room overall doesn't give me much; I can't really work out why, but I do think they're going to do well as there will be an emotional attachment to the panelling and flooring – smart move!


I can't believe the inside of their apartments are almost done – only one more room!

No comments:

Post a Comment