Friday 4 April 2014

art.

One thing I love the most, is my home, but in particular, who I share it with. Thearle Boy and I bought our apartment almost two years ago and we love it. It is bright, spacious, but most importantly, us.

We love finding things to put in it to give it personality and life.

One great thing about owning your home is being able to drill holes in the wall (especially if you are the only couple in the world who cannot get those stupid 3M hooks to stick!). And the joy of that is because of the beautiful artwork to be displayed.

I received an incredible print for my birthday from my incredible husband by an incredibly talented illustrator, Lauren Merrick. I know Lauren’s family (and have met her a few times) and love stalking her cards, prints and other illustrations and adventures online as well as on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. You should too!


Our beautiful print, entitled 'Floating'. I also love a good reflection selfie!

She does these beautiful family portraits I wish that I thought of it earlier, but I would have loved to get one of our wedding photos painted for our First Wedding Anniversary (which is traditionally gifted with paper). Maybe I’ll have to wait for our first child or something ;)

Thankfully, for now, I have this print, which goes brilliantly in our blue bedroom. Some of the blue in the water goes perfectly with the blue of our wall (the photos don't do it justice  – you'll have to come and see it!). I absolutely love it! I cannot think of a better artwork for the spot. I was so happy when I received it (and I still am) and I love the frame we chose to put it in. It really makes it pop!


It's a bit grainy, but it looks great with our homemade pendant lamps on. It adds to the moodiness of our room.

I can’t wait to show you more of our home. We really love it! But in the meantime, check out Lauren Merrick she’s a goodie!


No comments:

Post a Comment