Friday 25 April 2014

cushions.

As you already know, I love my home and making it beautiful. I love stuff and having it in my home. Cushions are one of those things.

I also love to make stuff. My budget for homewares isn't huge but my love for reusing things and creating homewares is huge. More on this another time but today it's about cushions. I can't spend significant amounts of money on cushion covers, so I make them. I love looking for inspiration then creating my take.

This is a cushion which I made two of for our couches. We have two couches: light grey and mustard. These go perfectly. The fabric on the front I bought second hand (and is great quality), I backed it with linen and put in an invisible zip. Easy, great quality and affordable!


This is a cushion my mum created for me. She did buy the grey cushion but she gave it personality by crocheting the front. I love it. It's just what I imagined!


Here are a couple of cushions which have inspired me recently to get sewing again:

Kip & Co Obus Cushion Cover
Bonnie and Neil Watercolour Blue


I am in love with both of these brands and the unique designs they create. I love Australian brands, especially when they create such beautiful things. Please check them out – there is so much to love. {I am especially loving Kip & Co's brand new AW14 All Grown Up velvet collection and Bonnie and Neil's wooden wall tiles.}

I chose these two cushions because they have so much personality not only in the fabric choice but in the trimmings: I love the effect the pom poms have on the Kip & Co cushion and the depth that the edging creates on the Bonnie and Neil cushion. I need to find some amazing fabric and trimmings and start making. Stat.

But before then, I need to make some cushions for my sister. For her birthday, I pledged to make her some new cushion covers. She has quite different taste to me (I can imagine her reaction to the two above) but I am looking forward to creating something simple but amazing!

Now I need the energy to go to the shops and choose some fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment