Sunday 31 August 2014

the block : laundry and stairs.

It's always disappointing when a couple doesn't finish. The small amounts that I have seen, looks amazing (who thought stairs could be so interesting) so I can't wait to see the finished results!


michael and carlene : STUNNING! Those lights, those black steel poles, those floating wooden stairs are beautiful! What a great combination. However, I don't really like the colour chosen for the walls. I feel like they need a simpler colour to compliment the detail in the stairs.


Their laundry is simple and beautiful. The wood in it is beautiful and goes well with the marble tiles. I agree that it's sexy. The bronzed mirror, gold pendant, brass details and black tapware is lovely and the details are breathtaking! Well done. SO impressed!!



chris and jenna : Their staircase is beautiful too. I love the rendered wall and the simplicity of the stairs. I personally prefer the floating stairs (in Michael and Carlene's) but the simplicity of these is lovely and I think it will date well. I like the way they have featured the exposed beams throughout their apartment and the way they have tied it in this week with their balustrade.


Their laundry feels boxy and a bit busy; they should have mimicked their bathroom which was simple and elegant. I feel disappointed for them.



karstan and max : My first impression was that I don't like it but looking longer, I am unsure. It's not really giving me anything. It feels quite bland and bags-not cleaning that glass!! The storage under the stairs is a good idea.


Their laundry is simple and practical, but nothing exciting.



simon and shannon : The floating stairs really make an impact. It didn't wow me like Micheal and Carlene's but does make an impact. The simple, black and white artworks are beautiful and I love how they've played with lines throughout, even through to the pendant lights.


Their laundry is beautiful. I always love greenery and the mini grey tiles are one of my faves! I also love the black tapware and the simple white wall tiles are effective. I really like their styling in the baskets and wooden stool – those details (although I could just buy them) create the emotional attachment for me!



darren and deanne : It's so sad to see a beautiful room unfinished. It's classy and elegant but still has a very lot to do! (The photos make them look good ;))


I really appreciate their style and their laundry made me smile. Disappointingly it's still not finished but I like what they've done. I like the simple colours and their styling.



Looking forward to seeing the kitchens next week as a lot of the planning has already been pre-done so I hope they can make a big impression!

1 comment:

  1. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.
    Wall Lights

    ReplyDelete