Monday 25 August 2014

the block : master bedroms.

Hooray! Can't wait to see everyone's finished rooms. From the little things we've seen, they look really beautiful!

Here we go:

michael and carlene : I love the look but I really don't like the bedding – other than the beautiful linen bedspread – well maybe just the throw and a couple of those cushions. I really like the recessed bedhead and the black. Once again I love their artworks with the black and white and touch of gold. Change a few cushions and I think it's beautiful!


chris and jenna : Can't wait to see this copper wall! Once again, change the bedding (so much gold and copper) but it's simple and beautiful. I like the black walls and the black and white artwork. I agree with the judges that the rest of the room doesn't compliment the wall. I feel very sad for them.


karstan and max : They've improved so much this week!! I love the simple colour scheme and those two massive artworks are beautiful. The charcoal and white with the orange is great. And who can go past those windows and the bronzed mirror!? They did well but it's not how I'd do it.


simon and shannon : Love the mexsii bedhead, copper pendants, and the timber wall under the window. I love that style. And how lucky are they with so much room to allow for that coffee area!? Beautiful! The simple white and grey walls work well. Don't love the artwork – I don't think it's sophisticated enough. But overall it's great!


darren and deanne : Very cool to have a fireplace in their room! I love the artwork! It's cool how they've tied the panelling in every room - it's not my style but has worked well. A pretty good room but nothing groundbreaking.


I do think the winners are deserving but I feel that the judging is based on too many other factors than just the rooms they present (and often too much on styling). Good to see the wins being spread out amongst the teams though.

No comments:

Post a Comment