Wednesday 20 August 2014

the block : study and guest bedrooms.

I can't believe everyone finished their rooms this week, and all of the rooms are great!

michael and carlene: I was so looking forward to seeing their homemade desk and seat, unfortunately it didn't turn out as well as I expected! I would have much preferred it in a more natural wood colour. The study was very functional but didn't do anything much for me. Once again I really like the styling in their bedroom. The exposed brick is great, but I'm glad it's quite minimal – it just brings some depth to the room. It all works really well! Very impressed with the guest room!



chris and jenna: This is going to go either way. Can't wait to see their void in future weeks but not sure how their judging is going to go this week. The attic and storage is a really great idea but a bit hard to judge against everyone else's study. I love their guest bedroom. Minimal and beautiful!! I like the touches of wood and greenery. I disagree and am surprised by the judge's comments, however there were a LOT of plants! I really love the timber and am sad that the judges don't like it. The attic was good for storage but very hard to judge.


karstan and max: I was looking forward to seeing how their floors look and I think they're great! Their space is huge... and the white in the study makes it look even bigger. Other than the floors though, it's not all that exciting. Their bedroom is once again quite boring. Thankfully they have that huge and beautiful artwork to bring some life, but unfortunately it's a plain, boring, black and white room!




simon and shannon: I was really looking forward to seeing how their rooms panned out after their stressful week, and interested to see how their style develops. Their style is super contemporary, and I really like it! The ceiling looking up to that skylight is amazing! I like the study because it kind of is a separate room unlike the others which are very open. I love their guest bedroom as well. It looks big and bright! Always love a bit of Kip and Co and Blacklist Studio. Their attention to detail is pretty amazing!


darren and deanne: I felt very nervous about their fabric canopy bedhead! Their floor was also a risk but turned out beautifully. Their study is sophisticated and practical. I really like it. Their style is not my style, but it's working really well throughout. The bedroom didn't do heaps for me but it does look luxurious! I wonder what perspective a younger judge would bring.




I am really enjoying this season. Lots of potential and great ideas! I'm glad people are trying some new things. I'm excited to keep watching!


It might help to understand my thoughts if you know that I write these Block posts as I'm watching the room reveals (lucky i can touch type). My comments aren't based on the judge's scores (sometimes I might add in an extra comment at the end) but I like to write down and acknowledge what I'm thinking, without being swayed by their opinions. Just thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment