Sunday 10 August 2014

the block : main bathrooms.

I am particularly interested in bathrooms as we are dreaming about redoing our bathroom. So many good ideas but need to work out what will look good in our small space and in a style that will last and in our budget.

Here are my thoughts from the main bathroom reveals:

carlene and michael: I have loved their stepped up bath and shower since I first saw their idea, and they pulled it off so well! That white gloss herringbone tiling is beautiful!!! I love that they put greenery in the bathroom too – their styling is winner. Impressed!


chris and jenna: The size of their bathroom (well, whole apartment) is what I was excited to see... it is impressive! That grey tile and black hexagonal tile are beautiful, not to mention the light! That massive mirror was such a good idea! The room is quite simple but beautiful. A huge difference from last week!


max and karstan: Black and white are proving very popular but I don't think their B&W is as impressive as Carlene and Michael's. The size is impressive but I found it a bit bland. I like their styling and their choice of bath and vanity. A nice bathroom (I'd be happy, but nothing all that special in my opinion).


shannon and simon: They have a lot to live up to after their win last week and their style, so I was excited to see what they would produce. My first impression was that it is great and different from all of the others, I think because of the white wall tiles and the wooden vanity. Looks a lot like what we might like in our new bathroom. Once again, I love the greenery in their styling!


darren and deanne: Their bathroom looks so high class, so different to my style but very beautiful. I feel like it's very English. I can imagine it being very popular but not what I love. The panelling, once again, works surprisingly well. I don't know if I'd be able to handle the floor tiles though – potentially as a feature wall!?



Very surprised by the scores this week! Not surprised by the winner but I definitely wouldn't have scored them in the same order as the judges... they should get me as a judge ;) Will be interesting to see how they score each other.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mez!
    I'm really enjoying reading your blog. Calum and I got into The Block during Fans v Favs and we absolutely love it.. So glad it's on again!
    Looking forward to reading more :-)
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, Thanks for reading my blog. I'm really glad you're enjoying it!
      We are a little obsessed with The Block... and renovating/home ideas in general. So many good ideas and inspiration. You must be getting excited about how to decorate your home when it's built.
      Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!
      Love Mez

      Delete
  2. Those tiles are so glossy and appealing. I like the way it reminds me of what I think a Roman bath would have looked like. It has a nice open feel to it and yet with the tile it is also very classy. The steps and plant are a very nice addition and add to the entire relaxing feel of the room.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures. I live in an old house and I feel like only in the last 5 years did really fantastic looking appliances start to appear. Did no one care what their refrigerator or toilet looked like before? It is a weird concept but I like that they are slowly making functional things more visually appealing to us.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete